Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make an appointment?
- You may feel nervous about contacting us and the anxiety is a perfectly normal feeling. You may leave a message and fill up the registration form attached in the welcome message. After reviewing the information, our staff will get back to you either through Whatsapp or phone calls (whichever you prefer) to schedule the first appointment.
What to expect in my first session?
- When you get to the therapist's office, expect your initial experience to be similar to a doctor's appointment. The first visit is an opportunity for you and your therapist to get to know one another and have a sense of how things will go. The nature of future visits will be more therapeutic. For example, in your second session, you could delve more into a certain symptom, problem, or previous trauma that you brought up in the first.
Are both Online Psychotherapy and Face-to-Face Psychotherapy the same in effectiveness?
- According to recent psychological research, online psychotherapy is suitable for a wide population, and can be as effective as traditional face-to-face psychotherapy when it comes to therapeutic effectiveness, and has gotten satisfactory feedback from clients.
Is my personal health data secure and protected?
- The importance of confidentiality in therapy and counseling cannot be overstated. This means that, throughout most circumstances, no information — even the fact that you've visited PsyHome — is shared with anyone outside of PsyHome without your express consent. Our main purpose is to offer you a secure place in which you may talk about your worries.
- Please be aware that therapists may be obliged to break confidentiality without the client's permission in some instances. Therapists are required to report some information if it poses a risk of harm to a client or another person, such as in cases of child or elder abuse, or if a court order is issued. In your initial meeting with your therapist, your therapist will explain these situations to you.
Can I choose my own therapist?
- We have a variety of therapists who are fluent in Malay, English, Mandarin, and Tamil. Our therapists also come from a variety of religious/spiritual backgrounds. You are encouraged to select a therapist with whom you feel at ease in order to foster a sense of trust and development.
Can I reschedule or cancel my appointment?
- If you need to reschedule the appointment, kindly inform us via Whatsapp (03-5870 3151) / https://wa.link/l25w0u at least 1 day (24-hours) prior to the actual appointment.
I would like to collaborate with Psychology Home on a project, who do I contact?
- For collaboration requests, please include the following information:
- Your organization name, contact person, and contact details
- Purpose of the collaboration
- What do you require from Psychology Home
- Timeline and duration
You may submit your collaboration request to https://wa.link/l25w0u.
I am looking for a speaker on the topic of mental health for my company/event. Do you provide talks/training?
- We do provide talks and training to organisations and groups. Please provide the following information in your request to speed up the process:
- Organisation name, contact person and contact details
- Purpose of talk/training
- Description of target audience (senior management, leadership, clients etc).
- Group size
- Medium - in person or online (webinar)
- Proposed date and time
You may submit your request to https://wa.link/l25w0u.
Professional Consultation Process
WhatsApp to make enquiry
Confirm appointment via WhatsApp
Aquera Mind Exploring Process
WhatsApp To Make Enquiry
Confirm Appointment Via WhatsApp
5 Minute Voice Recording Through Aquera System
Report Debriefing 90 Minutes